Wednesday, February 6, 2013

That's Impossible


And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mar 10:27

This morning in my quiet time with God, I read this verse and found it an encouragement.
There have been some situations in my life lately that looked impossible, yet God came
through just in time to meet the need that we had.

Wintertime is a difficult struggle for our family. What little income we have during 
the springtime through fall is virtually non-existent in the wintertime. That is when things
get a little scary...when our faith is stretched a little further than before.

One day early in the month of January while I was looking at the bleak financial
situation, God spoke to me. He told me to tell Him the exact amount that we
needed to pay the monthly bills. He instructed me to ask the family to pray with
me for the exact amount. We told no one else about the need, but faithfully
brought our request to Him each day.

He then began to instruct us to praise Him that the answer was on its way.
We still owed the money, but He promised that He would provide.
So here is how the answer came.

My son gave me a certain amount to help out. 
I had to buy some dishwasher soap. 
Then I had to see the doctor about a physical problem.
The remainder was not near enough to meet the bills.
My husband did some odd jobs, but he had to buy gas
for the vehicle so there was even less than before and
the bills needed paid the next day. There was no way
that we could meet the deadline. 

After church last Wednesday night, a widow from our church needed
my husband to do a few little projects for her. She was generous with what
she gave him, but it was not nearly enough to pay the bills.

My faith began to waver. God had promised and He did not deliver. I
thought it was impossible...that is until a phone call came that
afternoon. We had not told the party anything. Remember we told
only God. They asked how much we needed. We would not tell them
because we wanted God to be the One to speak and show the
party how much it was. Finally, they offered a certain amount and
we accepted.

As soon as the phone call ended, my husband and I opened our wallets
to count what we had plus what was offered that afternoon.
It was the exact amount needed to pay the bills on time and not 
a moment too soon. 

What seemed like a total impossibility became the utterly possible
because God was in it. He did the impossible because He is God
and He cares for His own.

I don't know what impossible situation you are facing today, but
I know Who is the God of the impossible!!!

Thanks for reading.

Donna 


No comments:

Post a Comment